Rumours of an ASOS Tall range have been circulating online since the early days of All the Tall things, and now it’s finally happening. I’m a little bit giddy with all the excitement. I think you might be too…
Like Game of Thrones Season 4, we have been waiting for this for a very long time.
Dedicated readers of ATTT will know that ASOS is one of my favorite brands already, but the launch of the new specialist Tall range should hopefully streamline my shopping experience and save me many hours of trawling through the “midi dresses” in the hope that something might work.
However, a few pieces have already landed on the website (a bit prematurely), and I feel like some of our original excitement has been replaced by worry. Aren’t the trousers, like, very short? Why are some of the models on the website 5’6? Is this going to be another Tall range full of cropped tops? And will this range pop up and dissolve like so many others before it, simply because it is not bringing us what we want?
Right. Stop panicking. Here are the facts:
- The collection officially launches 17th April, although there are a few preliminary pieces live now.
- All trouser lengths will be 36″. (I know you’ve noticed that the trousers on there currently are shorter, so the lovely ASOS Tall buyer Gina is looking into this because she thinks there may have been an administrative error. It might be that those trousers do infact have 36 inch inseams. I’ll let you know when I have an update).
- Gina says “Newness will be added each week, our collection will be fully stocked with everything from playsuits to WOW pieces including amazing dresses”.
- The fit-models (women who wear the clothes in the manufacturing process to help the designers know where all our lumps and bumps are), are all over 5’10.
- For those who don’t know, ASOS deliver worldwide for FREE! So we can finally try on long-length clothes without being stung with a delivery charge.
- The ASOS Tall team are watching All the Tall things very closely, so make your feelings about the range — and requests for particular pieces — ABUNDANTLY clear! (And no, they haven’t paid me in any way to write any of this, so you… and I… can be as HONEST as we like).
I’ve also rolled my sleeves up and decided to do some research of my own. Last night I got a tad click-happy on the website…
Tall Acid-Wash Dress, ASOS £30, Bandana, ASOS £6
I love this acid wash 90s style body-con dress. Even the circular zipper looks like something I’d have worn while getting thoroughly down on it to Outhere brothers at my primary school disco. The bandana (coz every majorly Ghetto girly from Surrey like me needs a bandana), is also an ASOS buy. Go a size down on the dress if you’re between sizes (this is the 10).
Tall Cami, ASOS £8
It’s always good to find some long-length camis for wearing with my bulging collection of jackets and blazers. I went for a 12 because I’m normally that in tops, but it looks like this one is actually sized for a tall girly, and I should have bought the 10. The fabric is a bit flimsy (you can see the tell-tale roll at the bottom), but it’s a useful addition to my wardrobe and a snip at 8 quid.
Four days of my working week are spent presenting The Jewellery Channel. (If you’re interested you can find out a bit more about my work on my dayjob website). I have to wear dresses with a slightly open neckline to show off necklaces (but not oodles of cleavage), and a nod to the trends (without a busy and distracting print). It’s often ASOS that I go to, because I can get it delivered next-day, and it means that I can change my outfits regularly without breaking the bank. I have to dress a little more conservatively than is perhaps my off-duty style, but that’s probably the case with most jobs. So I think there’ll be something here that works for the office too…
Tall Peplum, ASOS £42
I spied this Tall peplum dress that ticks all the above criteria. This one is the size 10. I think I’d still want the flappy “peplum” bit to be a little lower, but it’s a lovely shaped dress regardless.
These two aren’t actually in the Tall range, but they’re recent ASOS buys that I bought for The Jewellery Channel (bit of decolletage showing/ plain simple colours) that work perfectly on a tall figure…
Tall Lace Bardot Dress, ASOS £30
The lace one is a big fave; I’ve got it in the purple and red. (Buy up a size in the lace… mine’s a 12)
Tall Black Sweetheart neckline dress, ASOS £25
… and this LBD (which I’ve bought in the “longer length”) is great for layering up with jewellery or wearing under blazers. This one’s a size 10.
Soooo… the big question is. WHAT do you want to see in the ASOS Tall range when it officially hits on the 17th April?
Let me know in the comments section below.
P.S. Also I made the epic fail of not cleaning my mirror before taking selfies. And that big white smudge basically makes me look like I have a willy in a couple of the photos above. WOOPS. I don’t have a willy.