My new berry peep-toe shoe boots have just arrived from Next (£35 — up to a Euro 43). They’re… erm… rather high, and you may well be wondering, “what the chuff does a 6ft tall girly want with an extra 10.5cm?”
And just in case “But I love them” isn’t enough, I have ten more answers for you.
1. Heels are sexy. Anastasia Steele isn’t wearing Crocs at any point in Fifty Shades of Grey.
2. Wish your feet were a bit smaller? A bit of elevation at the back will reduce the amount they stick out in front of you. That’s just trigonometry girlfriend.
3. Heels — after a bit of practice — make you walk like a lady. They encourage you to take shorter strides and sashay elegantly from one foot to the other.
4. Most flats (particularly ballet pumps) aren’t built with enough shock absorbency. If you don’t vary your heel height, you run the risk of developing arch and heel pain, cracked heels, shin splints and hip problems. Eugh.
5. You might not really FEEL confident, but walking into a room wearing a massive smile, your favourite frock and a killer pair of heels – despite towering over everybody there — will damn well make you look it. Fake it ’til you make it.
6. I’m no Beyonce, (wow, it actually hurt to write that down…) but heels are waaaay easier to dance in than flats. Spinning around on the dancefloor just doesn’t work in a flip-flop.
7. Things that look better with heels: pencil skirts, shorts, midi dresses, underwear.
8. Want an instant tummy tuck? Heels make you stand correctly and look instantly slimmer.
9. Us girlies with feet over a size 8 are so limited in our shoe choice already. Open your mind up to wearing heels and there’s a whole ‘nother world of footwear available to you.
10. You have amazing legs. It’s basically criminal if you don’t show them off to their best effect… at least once in a while.